By Carl Adamec
It will be a 3-4 game, as expected, Monday night at Gampel Pavilion.
There were no changes in the Top 10 of the Associated Press poll released Monday. Baylor picked up 35 first-place votes to remain No. 1 for the third straight week. The Bears were again followed by Notre Dame, UConn, Duke, Kentucky, Stanford, California, Penn State, Tennessee, and Maryland. According to the AP, the top 10 went 18-0 last week, winning by an average of 22.5 points.
There were a couple changes in the Adamec Top 10 as Tennessee and California switched spots and Maryland moved back into that pesky No. 10 spot that’s been so hard to fill.
1. Baylor (16-1). Reigning Player of the Year Brittney Griner records 50th career double-double against Big 12 newcomer West Virginia Saturday.
2. Notre Dame (16-1). Irish have Big East softies Pittsburgh and Providence before heading to Knoxville a week from tonight.
3. UConn (16-1). The Huskies hope to continue recent dominance of Duke tonight at Gampel Pavilion.
4. Duke (16-0). The Blue Devils can make a statement tonight in Storrs.
5. Kentucky (17-1). Tough road test for Wildcats at South Carolina Thursday.
6. Penn State (14-2). Lady Lions visit coach Kim Barnes Arico and Michigan tonight.
7. Stanford (16-2). Chiney Ogwumike has double-double in rout of UCLA.
8. Tennessee (15-3). In-state rival Vanderbilt next with visit from Notre Dame a week away.
9. California (15-2). Bears struggle to beat UCLA.
10. Maryland (14-3). Terrapins get shot at avenging earlier embarrassing loss to North Carolina.